Setting up WebDAV passwords
17 NOV 2017
If you use WebDAV together with SURFdrive, your WebDAV passwords will no longer work as of 13 December. Read how you can set up a new password here.
SURFdrive will be upgraded during the evening of 12 December. As a SURFdrive user, this means that you will gain a whole host of new features. However, this update also means that the existing WebDAV passwords will no longer work and new ones have to be created. Luckily, that's really easy to do. Note: this method will only work as from 13 December.
How to change your WebDAV password
- Log in to the SURFdrive online environment.
- Click on your name in the top right-hand corner.
- Click on "Settings".
- Click on "Security" (left).
- Scroll to the heading "App passwords":
- Enter a username of your choice in "App name".
- Click on "Create new app password". The following text will appear:
- Go to your WebDAV application. Log in with the username and password that you just received.
- Go back to the SURFdrive environment and click on "Done". The password and username will disappear and you will see the following:
- If you use several WebDAV programs or services, repeat steps 6 to 9. Create a different password for each application.
This allows you to create different passwords for different applications or services. If you wish to stop using a certain application or service, or a service has been compromised, you need only remove or reset one password.